AFC U-19 Championship 2018 qualifying draw concluded
Kuala Lumpur: Forty-three Asian hopefuls now know their qualifying opponents following Friday's draw at AFC House in Kuala Lumpur.
2016 champions, Japan, having finally claimed the crown after six previous appearances in the final, will face Thailand, Singapore and Mongolia, who are scheduled to host the Group I qualifiers.
Saudi Arabia, runners-up at the 2016 edition will welcome Yemen, Turkmenistan and India in Group D, while 2016 semi-finalists and Group E hosts, the Islamic Republic of Iran, will meet Palestine, Jordan and Syria.
Meanwhile, Korea Republic, who have won the competition twelve times, will play host to a five-team Group F which also features Malaysia, Timor-Leste, Brunei Darussalam and Indonesia.
Ten (10) group winners and five (5) best second-placed teams will advance to finals along with the host country. The AFC U-19 Championship qualifying stage is scheduled to take place from October 31 to November 8, 2017.
WEST Zone Group A:
2. United Arab Emirates
5. Kyrgyz Republic (Host for qualifiers)
2. Tajikistan (Host for qualifiers)
4. Sri Lanka
2. Qatar (Host for qualifiers)
1. Saudi Arabia (Host for qualifiers)
1. Islamic Republic of Iran (Host for qualifiers)
EAST Zone Group F:
1. Korea Republic (Host for qualifiers)
4. Brunei Darussalam
1. China PR
4. Cambodia (Host for qualifiers)
3. Chinese Taipei
4. Mongolia (Host for qualifiers)
2. DPR Korea
3. Hong Kong
4. Northern Mariana Islands