You are in / Article

Qualifiers - Group A: China PR seal Finals spot

Ordos: China PR booked their place in the AFC Futsal Championship Turkmenistan 2020 Finals as the East Zone's Group A winners after beating Chinese Taipei 8-2 on Thursday. 

China registered a perfect record of three wins as they sealed their 13th appearance in the Finals, while the defeat for Chinese Taipei meant more heartbreak as Mongolia edged them for the runners-up spot on goal difference.

Mongolia will face Korea Republic in the play-off match on Saturday to determine the East Zone's final ticket to Turkmenistan next February.

See also :

Chinese Taipei 2-8 China PR

China came into the tie confident, having beaten Mongolia and Hong Kong convincingly, but were met by a resilient Chinese Taipei side in the opening minutes.

China's persistence, however, paid off in the 10th minute with Xu Yang opening the scoring, before Li Jianjia doubled their lead two minutes later.

An own goal from Chang Chien-ying in the 17th minute made things much harder for Chinese Taipei, as Xu Yang completed his hat-trick with goals in the 16th and 18th minutes, with Geng Deyang making it 6-0 heading into the break.

China's Wang Jiahao etched his name on the scoresheet a minute into the second half, with Chinese Taipei skipper Chi Sheng-Fa reducing their deficit in the 28th minute.

China's Chen Zhiheng restored their seven-goal lead in the 37th minute, with Chinese Taipei's Chu Chia-Wei scoring a consolation goal moments before the full-time whistle.

Mongolia 6-3 Hong Kong

Three goals in each half saw Mongolia beat Hong Kong 6-3 at the Ordos Sports Centre

Mongolia, having earned their first point after coming back from 4-1 down to hold Chinese Taipei 4-4 on Wednesday, started on the front foot against Hong Kong.

Mongolia found their breakthrough in the 12th minute through Altantulga Pagamsuren before Purevdorj Erdenebat doubled their advantage two minutes later, and an own goal by Li Ka Chun in the 18th minute gave them a hefty lead going into the half time break.

Hong Kong, without a point to their name, reduced the deficit in the 21st minute through Wong Chin Hung's effort.

Mongolia, however, continued to dominate and in the 27th minute, Erdenebat scored his second of the night and another Hong Kong own goal - this time by Leung Chong Yip - widened the scoreline.

Hong Kong tried to fight back and narrowed the gap through Liu Yik Shing (29th) and Chow Ka Wa (40th) but there was to be one more for Mongolia, with 'keeper Chantsal Mandakh etching his name on the scoresheet to seal the win.

Photos: Chinese Football Association

Recommended Stories :