You are in AFC Futsal Club Championship  / Article

Group D: FC Sipar 2-11 Bank of Beirut

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Yogyakarta: Lebanon’s Bank of Beirut advanced to the quarter-finals of the AFC Futsal Club Championship Indonesia 2018 after storming to a 11-2 win over FC Sipar of Tajikistan in their Group D tie on Saturday.  

In the opening minutes of the first half, FC Sipar held the major share of possession as their positioning and movements around the court kept Beirut at bay.

However, Beirut slowly found their footing in the match and regained control of the ball which allowed them to set volleys for Patrick Vieira Luz and Mahdi Javid, forcing goalkeeper Shukhrat Bibudov into making several saves.

In the seventh minute, Vieira Luz came close to breaking the deadlock when he outmaneuvered Bibudov in the box but his shot bounced off the left post and was cleared off by Dilshod Salomov.

Beirut finally found their breakthrough just moment later when Vieira Luz dispossessed Zahir Aliakbar Kamyab outside the box, which Javid then pounced on the loose ball to easily convert it from close range to claim the lead.

Three minutes later, Sobirdzhon Gulyakov was penalised for a rough tackle on Ahmad Kheir El Dine, gifting Beirut a free-kick near the second penalty spot. El Dine then unleashed an unstoppable strike from 15 metres to double their lead.

FC Sipar began to show signs of weakness in their defence, and in one such instance in the 12th minute, Bibudov blocked Karim Abou Zeid’s strike but his defenders failed to clear the ball from the danger which allowed Javid to capitalise once again and score his second of the night in the 12th minute, before completing his hat-trick a minute later, courtesy of Mouhammad Hammoud’s assist.

Jumaev Sherzod denied Beirut a clean sheet with his goal in the 16th minute but 30 seconds from the half-time whistle, the Lebanese club restored their four-goal lead with Mohamad Kobeissy finding the back of the net.

Beirut came out from the break more spirited, and less than a minute into the second half, Moustafa Serhan etched his name on the scoresheet with a slick flick-up and volley from close range.

Despite falling behind on goals, FC Sipar continued to soldier on and it paid off in the 23rd minute with Umed Kuziev scoring from a set-piece, but Vieira Luz’s goal a minute later meant certain defeat.

In the 26th minute, Abou Zeid was shown the red card after felling Gulyakov, but FC Sipar failed to take advantage of their additional attacking force as Beirut’s fifth member returned to the court two minutes later.

Kobeissy earned his brace in the 32nd minute to make it 8-2 for Beirut, which compelled Benyamin Eghbaly to bring in Salomov as their power player, but it was to no avail as it backfired when Ali Tneich scored his first goal of the tournament in the 36th minute

Further goals from Ali El Homsi and Mehdi Koubeissi in the final 15 seconds of the match ended proceedings to secure yet another convincing win.

In Group D’s final ties, Beirut will battle for top spot with Islamic Republic of Iran’s Mes Sungun Varzaghan, while FC Sipar will look to end their campaign with a win against AGMK FC from Uzbekistan on Monday.

Photos: AFC

Bank of Beirut Head Coach Dejan Dedovic:

"We gave the chance to players who didn't get to play much in the first game. They were hungry to play, and because of that, each of them wanted to score. But I'm not happy because one of our main players received a red card. We will rest now, and tomorrow we will prepare against Mes Sungun, and I hope our players enjoy the game like today. If they are satisfied, then I will be as well."

FC Sipar Head Coach Benyamin Eghbaly:

"The loss was heavy, as a representative of Tajikistan. Tajikistan needs more time to change the professional clubs to become more like Bank of Beirut. We will try to get our first victory in this tournament, but it's hard because AGMK FC are good."