Thu, 28 Oct, 2021
This “AFC Cup 2019 Kärcher #CleanSheet Prediction Game” Contest (the “Contest”) will be governed by the following terms and conditions, which shall be subject to any changes at any time without prior notice (these “Terms”) and participants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and by their participation in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by these Terms.
This Contest is open to all individuals aged 21 and above residing in Asia, except organizers of the AFC Cup 2019 (the “Tournament”), including employees of the Asian Football Confederation (“AFC”), related football associations, football clubs and the Lagardère Sports’ group of companies (“Lagardère Sports”). “Asia” refers to Afghanistan, Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam, China PR, Chinese Taipei, Guam, Hong Kong, Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Korea Republic, Kuwait, Kyrgyz Republic, Lebanon, Macau, Mongolia, Northern Mariana Islands, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, UAE and Yemen.
3. To participate in this Contest, the individual will have to:-
(a) visit the Tournament’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TheAFCCup/ (“Facebook Page”) during the period 29 October 2019, 1200 hours to 1 November 2019, 2359 hours Singapore time (the “Contest Period”); and
(b) include in the comments section of the post featuring the Contest:
(i) his/her prediction of the total number of participating teams that will achieve clean sheets during the 1 matches of the Tournament to be played on 2 November 2019. A team will be regarded as having a clean sheet if it does not concede any goal during a match. For the avoidance of doubt, a match will be based on 90 minutes and extra time (if applicable). Penalty shootout will not be taken into account; and
(ii) a short narrative of not more than 100 words explaining who is the cleaning expert in his or her family (the “Write-Up”) .
The prediction and the accompanying Write-Up must be submitted during the Contest Period. Each participant may only submit 1 vote together with the accompanying Write-Up.
Each participating entry must not:-
(a) infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any third party; or
(b) be unlawful, defamatory, abusive, insulting, threatening, obscene, inflammatory, offensive, or otherwise contain content which, in AFC’s and Lagardère Sports’ sole discretion, is inappropriate or objectionable.
6. Once a prediction and the Club is submitted by the individual, it is considered a final submission and may not be modified, edited, or replaced. AFC and Lagardère Sports assumes no responsibility for entries that are incomplete, lost, misdirected, damaged or are in some way subject to electronic malfunction. AFC and Lagardère Sports shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to this Contest.
7. AFC and Lagardère Sports reserve the right in their sole discretion at any time to (i) ask any participant for proof that they satisfy any and all applicable eligibility requirements and to (ii) disqualify a participant from the Contest in accordance with these Terms, if in the reasonable opinion of AFC and Lagardère Sports, the participant does not satisfy any or all eligibility requirements for the Contest.
(a) the correct prediction; and
(b) the Write-Up
will be declared the winner of this Contest.
9. In the event that there is more than one individual who has submitted the correct prediction and the Write-Up, the individual with the earliest correct submission will be determined as the winner of this Contest. However, if the individual with the earliest correct submission has won the previous round(s) of Contest, AFC and Lagardère Sports may select an alternative winner of this Contest.
10. In the event that there is no entry with the correct prediction and Write-Up during the given matchday week, AFC and Lagardère Sports may select an alternative winner(s) of this Contest among the participants who have submitted predictions and/or Write-Up.
The winner will be notified via a Facebook Message on 3 November 2019.
Award of the prize is conditional upon the winners: (i) producing identification documents (NRIC/passport) for verification purposes as may be required by AFC; and (ii) agreeing to and signing all release forms and/or agreements and/or any additional documentation required by AFC and Lagardère Sports. Failure to complete, sign and return any such documentation promptly will result in disqualification of the entry and the participant, and forfeiture of the prize. AFC and Lagardère Sports reserve the right to select replacement winner(s) if any winner is disqualified, not eligible to participate in the Contest, cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days from the date the winner is notified. Any winner whose prize has been forfeited or withdrawn shall not be entitled to any payment or compensation notwithstanding non-receipt of notification.
13. The prize will be couriered to the winner no later than 10 working days from the date the winner is notified. Any unclaimed prize will be forfeited. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable for cash or other benefits-in-kind and are subject to conditions imposed by the participating merchants. AFC and Lagardère Sports are not responsible for any costs associated with the prizes and not specifically included in the prizes. AFC and Lagardère Sports may, at its discretion, at any time replace or substitute the prize with any other prizes of similar value.
14. The redemption of a prize shall constitute a purchase of goods or services by the person redeeming the prize from the merchant supplying the redeemed goods or services, and AFC and Lagardère Sports assumes no liability or responsibility for the acts or defaults of the merchant or for any non-delivery, non-performance or defects in the redeemed goods or services. Neither AFC nor Lagardère Sports is an agent of the merchant. Any dispute about the quality or performance must be resolved directly with the merchant. The use of the redeemed goods or services is subject to such other terms and the merchant supplying the goods or services may impose conditions. AFC and Lagardère Sports will not be responsible for any injuries, loss or damage suffered as a result of the redemption or usage of the prizes. AFC and Lagardère Sports are not responsible for any cost associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
15. AFC’s and Lagardère Sports decision in respect of all matters in relation to this Contest, including but not limiting to the determination of the winners of this Contest, will be final, conclusive and binding. No correspondence or claims will be entertained. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and any brochure, marketing or promotional material relating to the Contest, these Terms shall prevail.
16. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
17. Any personal data submitted by the participants in accordance with the terms of this Contest will be collected and used solely for the specific purpose of this Contest, in accordance with current Singapore data protection laws and will not be disclosed to a third party for any other purpose without the participant’s prior consent. In addition, each participant permits AFC and Lagardère Sports to publish the participant’s submissions and/or his/her personal data in various media for publicity purposes.
18. The failure or forbearance of AFC or Lagardère Sports to enforce at any time any provision under these Terms shall not be deemed to be a waiver or relinquishment of the right of AFC and Lagardère Sports thereafter to enforce any such provision.
19. AFC and Lagardère Sports reserve the right to cancel or amend this Contest and these Terms without notice. It shall be each participant’s responsibility to check on these Terms (including any amendments/variation). Participation in this Contest is deemed to be acceptance to these Terms (including any amendments/variation thereto).